Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Regrets

Living no regrets
no hard feelings
no backward glances and shouts of “I only wish…”
I want to know each moment like and old friend
Who I can go back with,
in years to come,
and say “I only wish… I was back then”
Back when life was a story opened to whatever page I turned to
and lines read aloud
characters come and go, settings change
plots aren’t always mine to lead
just flip the pages.
Commanding what I can,
then letting what I can’t form in to pearls and roll of my back
slip in to just a sentence, a word, on a page.
Just living no regrets, seeing all for what it is
and maybe
maybe in the end I’ll find everything I was living for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so i'm not commentin on this poem in general. just lettin u know that those two responses you just left on my wall are cutting edge
write poems about those
what the jeff
that are dope
they seem so smart and flowing
super cool
do it

Jan Smith said...

I love this one: especially the line about letting pearls roll off your back...This is so optimistic. Beautiful.